Judith von Prockl is the owner and managing director of Gourmet on Tour, which was founded in the year 2000, making it the very first culinary tour company. Over the past nearly 20 years, Judith has perfected the food tour experience, with different types of food tours, with some focusing on gourmet, others focuses on wine, and still others focusing on local food cultures. Judith shares what it was like to be a pioneer in the food travel industry and what she's learned, including how the customer becomes the hero; the importance of word-of-mouth and referrals; the importance of Instagrammable moments; and why entrepreneurs should go all in right from the start.
In this episode you'll learn:
- How the customer becomes the hero
- What it was like to be a pioneer in the food travel industry
- The importance of word-of-mouth and referrals
- The importance of Instagrammable moments
- Why entrepreneurs should go all in right from the start