In this episode #29, we speak with Devin O’Sullivan. Devin is a 23 year old graduate of Hotel and Catering Management from West Clare in Ireland and is the founder of FEAST, a social enterprise working to improve food education in Ireland. The FEAST school workshop Ar mBia, meaning Our Food, has been delivered to countless schools in a dozen Irish counties and has reached almost 3000 students to date. He is a passionate spokesperson for effective food education in Ireland today.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- When we talk the talk, we have to walk the walk. We can’t just talk about great food culture without instilling the respect for it in how we view food and educate our youth about food.
- Why it doesn’t make sense to both import and export the same foods.
- Take a risk and if it works, it works.
- Eating local & healthy actually costs less in the long run, especially when you use every part of the fruit or vegetable. Try banana skin chutney!
- Food education is, in many ways, the story behind the food and it’s the story that matters most.