Become a Certified Ambassador of the World Food Travel Association in your local area.
Who Are our Ambassadors?
Our Certified Ambassadors support our mission of preserving and promoting culinary cultures through hospitality and tourism and they play an important role as connections between the Association and local areas around the world. All Ambassadors are experienced and qualified professionals who have proven that they are passionate about spreading the awareness and visibility of their local culinary culture to the rest of the world. They work hard to foster collaborations and identify impactful synergies between the private and public sectors of their area and the Association.
Certified ambassadors of our Association enjoy the following benefits during your term:
- Monthly Ambassador meetings hosted by Erik Wolf to facilitate knowledge exchange among Ambassadors.
- Use of “ambassador” and “certified ambassador” (or “junior ambassador”) titles in all of your social media properties.
- Listing in the Ambassador section of the team page on our website.
- Participation in our private online ambassador collaboration group.
- Complimentary upgrade to Ambassador level membership on our World Food Travel Market platform.
- Media referrals for interviews.
- Opportunities to represent the Association in an official capacity (speaker at trade shows and conferences; media interviews).
- Opportunity to work together to plan a FoodTreX Regional Food Travel Summit in your area.
- Opportunity to work together to hold a seminar, webinar, or training for professionals in your area.
Ambassadors who lose their status, or who resign, or who let their memberships expire, will lose access to all the above benefits. Questions? Read the FAQ.
How to become an Ambassador
We created the Ambassador program to serve as an important leadership step within our Association. This is the Ambassador advancement path:
- Any individual interested in serving as an Ambassador must first be a premium member on our World Food Travel Market platform. Then contact us and let us know you are interested in becoming an Ambassador. (We also recommend that you become active in our GastroTerra community.)
- If we notice your passion for our community, we may invite you to enroll in the required ambassador training, at no extra cost to you. Ambassadorship is invitation-only.
- When you pass the ambassador training, you will begin enjoying your Ambassador benefits immediately.
Meet our current ambassadors
Our certified ambassadors are your best connection between our Association and your local area. Follow the link below to our team page and select Certified Ambassadors and/or Junior Ambassadors. There you’ll find different ways to contact any Ambassador you choose. You can also get in touch by contacting us if you would like an introduction to a specific Ambassador.