Jon is a serial entrepreneur and the founder of Pieminister, a small group of restaurants and cafes in southern and western United Kingdom, focused on serving the savoury pie, which everyone in the UK and Commonwealth knows all too well. Recently Jon co-founded Good Sixty, an online platform which brings together the best of the best, of food retailers and artisan producers, allowing people to either buy local groceries or amazing produce from across the UK and have it delivered to their door. Jon talks about what he learned from the time he co-founded Pieminister, and how he’s applying that to his new business ventures.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What food and fashion have in common
- About the risk of food/beverage homogenization and what to do about it
- Why focusing on the food experience in local areas is critical to success
- Why serving a memory and not a meal is the key to success
- What happens when you have a 1 on 1 conversation with another human (in our era of the Internet)
Discussed in this episode: