In this episode #39, we speak with Kathiana Lejeune. Kathiana is a young, determined, and ambitious author, professional, and scholar. A graduate from The George Washington University with a degree in Political Management and Global Advocacy, she has just published her first book, The Power of the Palate, Through the Great Exchange, which explores the relationship between food tourism and gastrodiplomacy. Kathiana loves to share how exchanging a meal fosters relationships and shifts our perspectives of different cultures. For her, food is the new currency of diplomacy.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What is the hardest part of writing a book
- Why food is a “soft power” in international relations
- When you reach a hurdle, why you have to jump
- Why peace begins with a smile
- Why we should embrace our differences earlier in life
Mentioned in this episode: