In this podcast episode #18 of Eat Well Travel Better, join us as we speak with Michele Morris, an award-winning cookbook author and freelance food writer. As a recipe developer and food photographer, she has worked with clients like Niman Ranch and Prairie Grove Farms. She publishes two popular blogs – a food blog with over 1000 recipes, and a travel blog featuring over 150 locations around the world with a heavy emphasis on the food and wine. Both blogs feature Michele’s photography. Although she only recently discovered her Italian roots, Italy holds a special place in Michele’s heart. She’s traveled to Rome nearly 20 times and leads culinary tours in southern Italy. When home in Denver, Michele volunteers extensively in her community.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why popular destinations are already losing their authenticity
- Why multinational chain businesses are not a reason for travel
- Why you can only do so much/not bite off more than you can chew
- The one thing bloggers can do to set their food blogs apart from competition
- Why first impressions of a destination and its food are so influential for food-loving travelers
Discussed in this episode: