The World Food Travel Association is pleased to announce the launch of our second annual FoodTreX Food Travel Research Summit, taking place October 15 – 16, 2020. Given the current uncertainties around travel right now, the Summit will be held 100% online.
The FoodTreX Research Summit is designed for academics of all kinds (students, researchers, teaching assistants, professors, PhD candidates, university department chairs, tourism professors or teachers), as well as anyone else with an interest in food or beverage tourism research.
Present your latest research relating to food or beverage tourism, including COVID-19 issues as the situation is affecting food or beverage tourism Applications to present are now open. Learn more about presentation requirements and submit your proposal here.
Attendees will have access the latest culinary tourism research in the comfort of your own home or office. “As the world’s leading authority on food and beverage tourism, the World Food Travel Association is uniquely qualified to organize a food and beverage tourism research summit and it is our pleasure to give a platform to world renowned culinary tourism researchers,” shared Erik Wolf, Executive Director of the World Food Travel Association.
Meet this year’s Scientific Committee
- Co-Chair, Matthew J. Stone, California State University-Chico, USA
- Co-Chair, Roberta Garibaldi, University of Bergamo, Italy
- Angela Durko, Texas A&M University, USA
- Anne-Mette Hjalager, University of Southern Denmark and Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Gastronomy and Tourism
- Whitney Knollenberg, North Carolina State University, USA
- Byron Marlowe, Washington State University, USA
- Steven Migacz, Roosevelt University, USA
- Erose Sthapit, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, Finland
Registration to attend as a delegate (not presenter) will open around September 1. If you wish to be notified when registration opens, please sign up for our newsletter here.